Jump to Navigation
Free Initial Consultations (860) 232-9959 or (860) 232-9959

FAQ About Vehicle Accidents in Connecticut

 Connecticut car and motor vehicle accidents 2010 - 2014

Frequently asked questions about vehicle accidents

Q: I have been in a motor vehicle accident in Connecticut. Should I go to a doctor?

A: If you have been injured in a car accident, truck, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle accident, you should see a doctor right away.

1. You should see a doctor for your own well-being. You may not be able to discern the extent of your injuries yourself; a small ache could be something significant, or it could be nothing at all. Only a doctor can tell you for sure.

2. See a doctor because if you decide to bring a legal claim / lawsuit against the at-fault driver or another party, you will need documentation of your injuries and what you did to fix them. These medical records will help your lawyer conduct your case.

Contact us for a free consultation today. No attorney's fees unless you recover money for your claim. (866) 232-9959.

Q: Do I have to go to court if I want to recover monetary damages?

A: Maybe. Your case may settle even before your attorney files a lawsuit; on the other hand, it may go all the way to a trial and a jury verdict. The majority of lawsuits in Connecticut are settled before they get to trial, but what happens in your case depends on the facts, the law and the parties involved.

In 2010, there were a total of 17,663 crashes caused by drivers with these aggressive driving behaviors ( In 2013, there were a total of 255 vehicle crashes that led to fatalities ).

If you or a friend or loved one have been a victim of aggressive driving, click here to tell us about your case.

The personal injury and wrongful death law firm of Polinsky Law Group LLC, Attorneys At Law, in Hartford, Connecticut, is ready to help you or your family / friends recover full and fair money damages for injuries suffered in a car, commercial truck, motorcycle accident, or other vehicle accident. Our accident lawyers are recognized for our commitment to helping our clients recover maximum money damages for their injuries or wrongful death claim.

Contact us for a free consultation today. No attorney's fees unless you recover money for your claim. (866) 232-9959.

An Overview of Motor Vehicle Accidents

Truck, car, bicycle and other vehicle accidents cause the loss of time, property, health and even life. Such accidents occur because of elements including driver error, negligence, distracted driving, manufacturing defects and dangerous weather. No matter what the specific cause or result, a car crash can turn a normal day into a prolonged struggle. Speaking with a lawyer can help you sort out your rights, your options and your future. Contact Polinsky Law Group LLC, Attorneys At Law in Hartford, Connecticut, to schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney.

Auto Accident Injuries and Compensation

An individual who has been injured in an automobile accident may be able to seek monetary compensation for injuries and damages. Cases are fact specific, typically with complex issues of proof and fault in dispute. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you sort out your legal options.

Insurance Claim Do's and Don'ts

When you need to make an auto insurance claim, you should proceed with care. Your actions may have a significant influence on the amount of compensation you receive.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists

When a driver refuses or is unable to carry proper motor vehicle insurance, that driver puts more than just him- or herself at risk. If the driver injures another person, the insurance will be inadequate to cover the damages. Injured parties, however, may be covered by their own insurance policies; uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects accident victims in these cases.

No-Fault Insurance

When a driver has been in an accident, no-fault auto insurance allows the driver to collect from his or her insurance company no matter who was at fault. Not every state has a no-fault insurance structure, but those that do have very specific laws governing when, how much and for how long the injured party may collect.

What to Do If You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident

When you are in an accident, you have immediate, important decisions to make. For the crucial decisions you have to make later on, consult with a personal injury lawyer such as those here at Polinsky Law Group LLC, in Hartford.

Contact us for a free consultation today. No lawyer fees unless you recover money for your claim. (866) 232-9959.

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Polinsky Law Group, L.L.C.

890 West Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06105

Tel: (860) 232-9959
(860) 232-9959
Fax: (860) 236-8337

Hartford Law Office Map